Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sephora Haul

Being that I am (sadly) allergic to raremineral’s pure-volcanic-dirt-which-miracles-make, I took it back to sephora for store credit.
Did you want to settle with store credit? the Salesperson said.
Like words of pure magic to my ears… Boy, did I!  As my eyes roamed the store, I could not help but break out into an all-inclusive grin.  I was back!  It’s been a while and I honestly didn’t miss you much for I had your virtual version living in the comforts of my muted pink dell laptop but now that I am here again- free to roam, free to spritz, free to sample, swatch, sniff, and beautify, why… it’s like unleashing an awful ghost from the traps of the ghostbusters!  Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m referring to.

yeeeep.... one of these.... image courtesy of ign.com

So now I have 2 hours to kill and MONEY in credit (doesn’t really matter how much as long as you know a decent sum is there, right??) And I happily skip off to rummage the beautifully done-up Sephora.  Tokidoki was available but I haven’t heard enough good things about the makeup line since it’s spanking new, so I pass.  Spritzed and sniffed a few perfumes but nothing really catches my nose… until…  juicy couture and viva la juicy and I’m hard pressed to decide between them!
image courtesy of fragrantica

They are both described with tons of floral and fruity notes but, to me, the best description of these scents are: preppy, spoiled, sweet, and clean… warming up to more vanilla tones later on in the day.  Isn’t it funny how the “alcohol” sort of masks the true aroma when you first spray things on… and how the scents evolve as they warm up on your pulse points?  Why’s and where’s to come on a later post.
I then spied this magical spray:
urban decay's All Nighter... photo courtesy of ulta.com
Description (per ulta.com)
This groundbreaking formula mists on, ensuring that your makeup won’t budge for 16 hours. Really. What’s that mean for you? All Nighter mist prevents loss of color, melting, sliding, caking, cracking, excess shine, fading blush, drooping eyeshadow and lip color disappearance. And it’s formulated to resist moisture, so you can fearlessly sweat, cry, or get your Jacuzzi on… You are guaranteed makeup that always looks just-applied, without ever feeling sticky or tight. Imagine the possibilities.
Whoa… like, seriously… I know companies like this use top-notch marketing and pr firms to choose just the right wording on the perfect buyer-friendly packaging… but yep, call me a sucker.  Because I am SOLD.  Makeup lasting 16 hours?  Seriously??  With summer coming up and all my friends getting married?  Like whoa.  Just to be vigilant (with the spending of the dough) I tested the product in the store.  The spray bottle emits a nice fine mist, instructions say shake and mist your face 4-5 times, well.. folks… couldn’t be easier.  When I set foot into my house about 8 hours later, I can say my makeup looked fabulous.  It didn’t look freshly applied as the bottle states, but dang… good enough for me!  My eyeshadow wasn’t smudged, foundation looked good, blush was still a’blushin… and my eyeliner- still going strong!  This is perfectly timed for summer, ladies!  What with beaches, and hot weather, and a bit of perspiration… we all want to look fabulous and with a few spritzes before heading out the door, seriously… why not?
photo courtesy of shop.nordstrom

With a cult following all on one color… introducing the newly added blush to my army of beautifiers… Nars Orgasm.   A softly sheen peachy keen pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer…  This cult favorite has expanded into many other Nars products as seen here.  A mini display area full of ORGASM… ok… I get it… I dig.
Last but not least… I bought the Kat Von D eyeshadow palette.  Listen to our girl…
It’s so rad to be able to accentuate all the little things that make you a woman, from the curves of your lips down to each eyelash,” she says. “Makeup is only one of the many things that make me feel so privileged to be girl.
Wow you go girl… a very pretty statement indeed.  I was testing swatches with her eyeshadows and they are incredibly pigmented.  That means you don’t have to apply a TON of shadow to build up the color, or, a little goes a long way.
photo courtesy of piercemattie

Such pretty colors… some are powders and some are creme shadows…
I think YOU need to see what you’ve been missing at Sephora… hahahaha… don’t leave me to feel like a lunatic splurger all by my lonesome… see ya there!   *______*

No comments:

Post a Comment